Home|
About Me| inspiration| Recipe achives| contact

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Vanilla Butter Cake

I have not been consistent in keeping up with my blog lately. Thank you for not forgetting about me completely while i wasn't able to post for the past few months, but i promise it won't be like that forever.

Today i make a recipe and i'm happy with it and ready to share. I'm here now and i'm so pleased you are too. xoxo

Let's talk about my 1st Vanilla Butter Cake. I adore butter cake a lot , this is really fluffy, moist and sinful.  I was so surprised that's turned out to be so scrumptious.







This is not the 1st time I bake Butter Cake. But, this is a special one. The recipe that I'm gonna stick to it. To look at, I'll grant you, this is not a joyous creation, but moist and old-fashioned taste is all the more heightened for being unforeseen. 




Because of high content of butter in the cake, please make sure get a block of good butter (eg. Lurpak, President or SCS). Please don't use cheap butter. I always believe you get what you paid for. 


Please try this recipe. you won't regret.

Enjoy baking '' 

Ingredients
250g Salted Butter, room temperature. 
200g Eggs (no shell) - About 4 eggs (Grade B). 
50g + 150g Castor Sugar
200g Self raising flour, sifted
60ml Fresh Milk 
1 tsp Vanilla Essence 

Note : 
1. Wendy used 230g butter for this cake only. But I used 250g. Because I'm lazy, I just close my eyes and throw in the whole block of butter. 
2. I used Seng Choon eggs for all my cake baking. 4 eggs weighed about 240g (with shell)
3. I used Magnolia fresh milk. 
4. I don't have Vanilla Pod nor Vanilla Paste at home. So, I just play-cheat. Used Vanilla Essence instead. I feel bad about it. 

Method 
1. Pre-heat oven at 180C (Conventional).

2. Prepare a 8 x 8 inch square pan. Line the base, grease the sides.

3. Separate egg whites & yolk. Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50g sugar and beat until stiff. 

4. Cream butter and 150g sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in Vanilla essence, beat for awhile, and followed by egg yolks one at a time.

5. Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Add in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance flour. 

6. Put in half the egg whites in and mix on low speed. Pour the balance egg whites in and FOLD using your spatula. 

7. Pour batter into pan and level. 

8. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. 










No comments:

Post a Comment